Monday, July 8, 2013

Hellooo, July!

You sexy thing you. Yes, I love the month of July. I don't know why. Maybe because of the 4th,  one of my favorite holidays. It's hot and I'd rather be hot than cold. Yes, I know what I'm talking about. I lived in AZ for five years. In fact, I was pregnant with and delivered our first child in AZ. And his due date was July 7, so.... very pregnant during an Arizona summer? I know heat. In fact, the day we brought our baby home from the hospital, it was 122 degrees. It was so hot they actually stopped flying at the airport since they didn't have landing data calculated for those temps. Good times.

We've also lived in TX. It's pretty hot there in the summer too, but darn are their winters worth living through the heat. We lived in San Antonio, just on the edge of hill country. Every late afternoon/evening, even on the hottest of days, this wonderful breeze would kick up. The branches on our live oak trees would start to move, and that was the sign to head outside. I loved that time of day in TX. More good times.

The other thing I really love about July/summertime is having the kids home more. Yes, it's messier and I get less done, but these days will end before I know it. Before I'm ready, they'll be heading off on their own. So I savor our time with them. I think that's what I like most about summertime.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.