Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Reunions Part 2

The reunion with my husband's extended family was fun. We only get together with them every couple of years, and I forgot how truly nice some of them are. I mean really nice. Just decent, caring people. So, that part was fun. Then, of course, there was the one or two members of his family who aren't pleasant. These few (thank goodness) are very materialistic, and it just makes them never happy with their lives and they seem to always be comparing and judging others...sad way to live and no fun at a party. We were smart and mostly hung out with the happy nice relatives. ;)

The 2nd part of our reunion is our immediate family being together for the first time since December. Love, love, love having everyone together. Our oldest just finished AF basic training and then went right to tech school. He graduated Monday (Yay!) and is home for about ten days before moving off to his first base. So very proud of him and how much he's matured in the last year. And I love how much our kids love each other and get along. Really happy times.

Tomorrow, I am participating in my first ever pitch to an editor. I think it will be pretty low key, since it's just a matter of pasting in my 100 word pitch, and it'll either be something she wants to read more of or she won't. And, we find that out right away, so no stressful waiting to hear back. That doesn't mean it won't sting a little if she doesn't want to read it, but again...not a comment on my writing necessarily. It might just mean I need a LOT more practice writing a pitch (and query and synopsis- something I totally cop to) Something I'll need to nail down, but still not a rejection of my writing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  I'm sure I'll have something to post about it once it's finished. At this early stage of my writing "career," everything is a chance to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.