Friday, July 12, 2013

Reunions

I'm making a fruit salad to take to a birthday party tomorrow. It's really a reunion from my husband's side of the family. Hopefully, it will be fun with no drama. And maybe the weather will feel guilty about all the rain and thunderstorms this summer, and behave for a few hours.

Then we have a reunion coming up for our immediate family. Next week, one of our children comes home after being away for six months. Way too long! It will be the first time we've all been together since Christmas, and we are really looking forward to it. We're going to attempt to smoke some BBQ for the first time. I keep thinking we need to have a trial run, but never find the time and have yet to find the perfect BBQ recipe. Do we go with Memphis style, Carolina style, or Texas style?  I did find a yummy looking recipe from chef Bobby Flay, but it had about 107 1/2 ingredients... yeah, no.

I am getting some writing in too. I had to rewrite a scene that opened with an infodump. It went of for pages. My heroine just sat around thinking about her past. What was I thinking? Thankfully, as often happens, I went to bed knowing I had to fix it-- and sure enough, this new character, a little six year old kid, woke me up with an idea. I was able to write it down and go back to sleep. So, in the morning, all I had to do was finish writing the scene. Problem solved. Yay for six year old kids!

Okay. Time to make the fruit salad. I hope everyone get to enjoy at least one reunion this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.