Tuesday, August 6, 2013

If Excuses were Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...

I'd be a happy camper. Sadly, they are not. Yesterday, was the 2nd day in a row I didn't meet my daily writing goal. BUT, I refuse to let this become a trend. Now, it wasn't a no-writing day, or even necessarily a bad writing day. Writing was accomplished. It flowed (when it wasn't interrupted) and wc wasn't too shabby. Just not my daily goal. For the 2nd day in a row. Now, here is the part of the post where I roll out my excuses explanation.

I thought my morning was clear for writing. But Sunday night my husband tossed me #2 daughter's AF physical issue that arose. #2 daughter is in AFROTC at her college. She had her physical this summer and it came back mentioning a mild case of scoliosis (which the doctor said she saw and we knew about, but she said it was so minor she wouldn't even mention it in her write-up. Guess she did, anyway.) So, the AF wanted a brand new X-Ray with a board-certified radiologist's report written up by her doctor. So, that's what I ended up doing for a few hours yesterday morning. Phone calls to doctor, faxes, pick up X-Ray orders at doctor's office, go to Radiology office for X-rays. Then home. Could #2 daughter have done this by herself? Normally, but yesterday she was still sleep-deprived with a bad cold, so I helped my baby out.

Yesterday was also the 1st day of the on-line Scrivener class (remember my Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Plan for the month of August?) Okay, so this is a little lame for an excuse since it was really just lots of email and introductions and a intro video. Lame, I know, BUT....

...apparently I also signed up for a short 5 day on-line class through RWA that started yesterday too, so all those emails started showing up. This also is not a "good" excuse but a distraction. Although, it should be a class I can learn a lot from. I'm so glad 2-months-ago-me was smart enough to sign up for it!

So there it is...all my lame excuses tied up in a pretty pink bow. And now for yesterday's wc...

AWG: DWC: 1,203  TWC: 17,039

And, I'm sure this debatable, but the best way to eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? Frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.