Sunday, August 11, 2013

Our House in the Woods

Just realizing that it was one year ago today that we moved into our new house. We used to live in town in the next county over. In a neighborhood with sidewalks and a swim team. Our house was on a main thoroughfare in the neighborhood, so we'd hear people/cars heading off to work pretty early in the a.m. I like sleeping with our windows open when the air is cool outside. But we couldn't do that because of the cars (light sleeper. hello.) So, now we live in the woods. And it's peacefully quiet of traffic. And I am looking forward to fall, and opening the windows to let the cool air in while we sleep. Our builder couldn't understand why we'd want window screens, as apparently lots of people never open their windows anymore. What?! Sure, it's a little messier living out in the woods. But I'm an open the windows kind of girl. I love, love, love opening the windows on a breezy day.

On writing: It is appearing that maybe the daily goal I set was too high. After meeting it the 1st three days, I have yet to meet it. But, this is just 10 days in. In one more week, the three college kids will be back in classes (although two are living at home and commuting this semester) so maybe there will be less chaos and craziness around the house. Although it's good chaos and craziness. Last night everyone gathered in the kitchen/family room (aka my writing space) laughing and talking. Happy girl (daughter #1) told us her version of #2 son trying to make a can of soup the other day. Pretty funny. ("How do I drain it?") But, I will remind myself that in 10 days I have written over 13k and press on.
AWG: DWC: 1,330 TWC: 22,903

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.