Sunday, October 6, 2013

Gah!

On Writing: I've been reading my manuscript too long! I mentioned some editing changes I made yesterday, and how two of those changes had ripple effects, yes? So, I think I made all necessary changes in the first 50 pages, so far. But, I've had to read the manuscript out loud to make sure, otherwise my brain just reads what it knows I intended to write and sometimes skips right over mistakes that way. It's been a long two days, and I still have most of the book to go! Yikes. But, I know over 400 other writers in the SYTYCW contest are going through the same thing, so I don't feel lonely. I'm wishing everyone who had the courage to put their writing out there good luck.

We've been smoking BBQ pork butt and brisket all day. It smells luscious outside. We were just discussing smoking a turkey for Thanksgiving this year, so we'll probably need to practice later this month and work out all the kinks before the holiday. I guess the only concern would be if smoking made the white meat too dry. I'll have to research it. I know deep frying turkeys is popular, but not sure about smoking. Okay, I'm off to eat BBQ and check out some football! Happy Sunday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.