Saturday, December 7, 2013

Fun Facts About Me

I've added to my "About Me" page. I started a "Fun Facts" list that I'll add to periodically. Here are the first ten...

Fun Facts about Me:

1. My favorite breakfast is a bacon cheeseburger.

2. I drink my coffee black. No sugar.

3. I do not like dill pickles or mustard.

4. I love windy days.

5. I am a dog person. The fact that I have always been allergic to cats may have something to do with this. I am not sure.

6. On our first date, apparently, I out-drank my husband. He remembers this. I do not. Whoa, wait. Not because I drank too much! It was just something he noticed and I didn't. Honest.

7. I am the 5th of 7 children, but the baby girl.

8. I have lived in (in order) CA, Turkey, Scotland, PA, MD, AZ, MD, NJ, MD, NC, TX, and NC.

9. I took ballet for many years. I was very good. Then late in high school, I quit. Some of my reasons for quitting were valid (bad knees) and some not (fear.) Quitting on my dream messed me up for many years. I will not let that happen with my dream to be a published author. 

10. Raising our four children, one of our ironclad family rules was no one could use the words "shut up." I think it's one of the worst things you can say to a child. I wanted our children to know that at home they were free to express themselves and they would always be heard and loved. No matter what.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.