Saturday, October 5, 2013

Getting Stuff Done

Nothing like three strong cups of black coffee to tackle my list of things to do. I've changed the sheets on the bed, started the laundry going, plus read and commented on some great SYTYCW entries. Now a little editing on my manuscript, then a little clean-up in the kitchen and finally...da..da..da.. vacuum the tumbleweeds of dog hair rolling by me.

We've got 3 of the 4 kids home, which is always fun, so I have to come up with something to cook for dinner. I believe I heard one of the kids trying to plan a family game night. Tomorrow we'll pull out the smoker for some BBQ pork butt.

On Writing: The editing I'm doing is from some feedback I received back on a manuscript. I have to rewrite a few things. Some rewriting is no problemo. Easypeasy. But other rewriting causes a ripple effect and once you make a change you have to go back and make sure everything it touches is fixed too. I've got both of those. Two changes that create ripples, so I'm trying to make sure I don't miss any changes associated with those. I had to omit a scene, which, honestly, I should have done on my own. It was a scene that had my heroine coming across a little bitchy. Granted she's at a low point in her life, so a little snarky, but I don't want readers to think she's a bitch. It had been rubbing me the wrong way each time I read it, but I let it stay because it was in the original draft. Also because it was hard to come up with something to replace it. I think I finally managed that yesterday. That's it for me. What are y'all up to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.