Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sidetracked By Life

No writing yesterday due to inability to wrap my head around sad news. Our oldest son texted to let us know one of his friends from AF Basic training had died. He was sitting at a red light on his motorcycle and a driver didn't see him and hit him. He died at the scene. He was a super-nice, hardworking, all-around great guy. He was 19 years old. A baby. My heart is breaking for his parents and siblings. Just couldn't focus yesterday after hearing that.

No writing today as I spent the morning researching a low-dose percorten treatment for our Addison's dog, Bella. I think our vet has her on too much percorten and prednisone and both of those can cause serious side-effects. I either have to talk him into trying a different method (that's what all the research was for) or switch to a new vet. If I can find a neighbor who loves their vet, I'll go check them out since I haven't been happy with our vet for a little while now.

So now at 3 pm, I am finally sitting down to try to write. Worrying won't help, so might as well escape into a fictional world where there is always a happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.