Monday, March 4, 2013

Unsettled Routine

Grrrr. The nice part about being well into a manuscript is the regular routine of writing. Now, back at the creative 'thinking' stage of a new book I miss that regular routine. I'm trying to approach this next book a little differently which might be slowing down the process. I'd like to have a rough synopsis done before I start writing. I don't need it, since usually as I write a scene things just start to happen that I have no idea where they came from. They are quite often good things...fun characters or a crazy events, although not always. BUT, I had a very, did I say very?, challenging time writing my first synopsis once I finished my book. (And I'm not even sure I wrote a good one!) So, I am trying to avoid that painful synopsis writing WEEK again. If this plan fails, I do have a 'writing a synopsis' course in my sites. So, I've got that going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.