Sunday, March 3, 2013

Write. Rinse. Repeat.

I finished my first romance manuscript last week (Yay!) and submitted the first 25 pages to a contest which offers FEEDBACK from three judges. So, for a small fee, I get what I hope will be a great unbiased critique on my writing. Up til now, I've just had my sisters read it and because they love me, I think they are hesitant to hurt my feelings. I'm looking forward to the critique which is still a few months away. So, in the meantime it's time to start my next book!

I'm starting with an idea I jotted down over a year ago. Now I'm in the brainstorming process which always makes me feel so guilty! There is just so much 'sitting around and thinking' time that it feels like I'm playing hooky, yet it is precious time to let plot ideas ferment. I look forward to the day when I am comfortable with this stage of the process. But-- my goal is to have at least 2/3's of a rough draft finished by May 1st, so I am anxious to get to the writing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.