Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Think. I Solved. My. Plot Problem.

That title should be read like Vinny Gambini from My Cousin Vinny when the judge is telling him not to argue, just state his clients' plea and Vinny tells the judge, "I think. I get. The point." Love that movie! But, back to writing and plot problems...

On writing: Okay, so lots of brainstorming/thinking yesterday. And, like I said, I think I have solved my plot problem. If I didn't, then I did come up with one idea that gets my h/H together in a "necessary" way for the plot to work. Part of the problem, I think, is my 1st turning point is pretty emotional for my heroine. Maybe it should be the final turning point/black moment near the end? So, I might have to move scenes around, which I don't normally do, as I like to write linearly (is that a word?) from beginning to end. So, not a big word count yesterday, but hopefully big problem solved. I'll definitely need a few more 2k+ days to get back on wc track.

Crossing my fingers because it's a hectic time of year. Moving daughter #2 back to college on Saturday. Pretty sure #2 son starts his classes on Friday. Number #1 daughter starts a week from today. My husband has decided to go back and get his 2nd Masters (so he'll be more current/relevant should anything happen with his current job) so he starts classes soon, too. And #1 son has his first test today which his trainer says he will fail and failure means he's out of the Air Traffic Control program, so no pressure...

And all of that, reminds me of this quote from My Cousin Vinny:
“Lisa, I don't need this. I swear to God, I do not need this right now, okay? I've got a judge that's just aching to throw me in jail. An idiot who wants to fight me for two hundred dollars. Slaughtered pigs. Giant loud whistles. I ain't slept in five days. I got no money, a dress code problem, AND a little murder case which, in the balance, holds the lives of two innocent kids. Not to mention your… (taps his foot) BIOLOGICAL CLOCK - my career, your life, our marriage, and let me see, what else can we pile on? Is there any more **** we can pile on to the top of the outcome of this case? Is it possible?”

AWG: DWC:305 TWC: 25,733

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.