Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Writing Day 1

I don't think I'll check in on my August writing goal every day, but thought since today was Day #1 I would. I wrote 1,659 words today, so just above my goal. Yay me. And, I had to start with a love scene, since that is where I left off a few months ago when I paused my WIP to edit/submit Delaney.

I do not find love scenes particularly easy to write, but what I've learned is they don't get any easier if I put them off until later, so I wrote it. Hopefully that will make tomorrow's writing feel easier. I know some people like or can jump around when writing their books, but not me. I like to write my scenes in the order I envision them in the story. I've heard authors say to write the last chapter to help guide you through the middle, but that wouldn't work for me, since characters pop up out of nowhere and they make new scenes happen that sometimes change everything. So, I have found I really need to write scenes in order. Occasionally, I'll get an idea that isn't in order, and that's where I pull out my notebook and write it by hand where it can sit until I'm ready for it.

Oh, and I made homemade meatballs, homemade sugar free spaghetti sauce with roasted spaghetti squash in place of pasta noodles. One of my husband's favorite dinners. Very yummy. I was able to freeze half the meatballs for another meal next week, saving me work. Score! Okay, back to your regularly scheduled program.

August Writing Goal (AWG): DailyWC: 1,659  TotalWC: 11,180

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.