Friday, August 16, 2013

Negative Word Count!

Almost. I hate cutting out big chunks of writing. Especially when some of it is really good. But it had to be done. The wrong direction is the wrong direction--no matter how sweet a vehicle you're driving.

On Writing: Posting tonight since tomorrow will be a busy non-writing day. (Moving daughter #2 into her college dorm.) I did write today, but part of the way through I realized I had to go in a different direction. My characters had taken the path of least resistance, but since I'm not even 1/2 way through the book-- I need more conflict!! So, I had to rip out the over 1,000 words I had written (saved and hope to use later!) and rewrite.

AWG: DWC: 355 TWC: 29,171

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.