Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Harvest Moon

"The Harvest Moon is the full Moon that falls closest to the autumnal equinox, the beginning of northern autumn.  In 2013 the Moon is full on Sept. 19th (the night of Sept. 18-19 in North America)  while the equinox follows close behind on Sept. 22nd.  The coincidence sets the stage for a nice display of Harvest moonlight." More on the harvest moon at the link. Cool stuff.
 http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2013/16sep_harvestmoon/

Slept with the windows open last night and it got down to 50 degrees. I love the cool air when you're under a toasty quilt. But, if gets any cooler I may have to put the winter-weight comforter on early. It's silly, but I like to rotate quilts on days like 1st day of spring (off goes the winter comforter. on goes the spring quilt.) 1st day of fall... like that. But I just realized I don't have a summer quilt...I will have to start looking around to see what I can find.

On Writing: I'm participating in the on-line SYTYCW13 Conference as much as I can this week. (But also busy writing my synopsis for the manuscript I plan to enter. And also need to write the 100 word pitch. Yikes!) I had never heard of the competition until this year, so I have never seen it. I've heard some of the other writer's stories though and it sounds like if you go into it as a learning experience you can get the most out of it. Once the actual contest starts, I plan on using the comments as if they're input from unbiased beta readers to make my writing stronger. Digest them, decide which ones ring true (i.e.- lots of people make the same comment) and which ones to set aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.