Monday, September 23, 2013

"Who Let the Dogs Out? Who, Who, Who?"

Yesterday was a beautiful, open the windows wide kind of day. We live in the woods so you hear the wind in the trees and birds and frogs. Very relaxing. Except that our neighbors decided to let their dog/dogs out and then leave. I didn't think people did that anymore. I know decades ago, that was more the norm, but I haven't lived anywhere in the last few years where people do that, on account of safety for the animals. (And I've lived in MD, NJ, AZ, TX and now NC)

Our neighbors have three dogs. Very sweet dogs. I've met them. Let me go on record saying this is not about the dogs. This is about the owners. They left their dogs outside yesterday and one of them literally ( I am not kidding) barked for over four hours straight. That is why I am assuming they left for the day. How can anyone listen to their dogs bark for that long and not react or bring them in? So sad for the puppy, but I think our family was on edge after a few hours of listening to it. Shutting all the windows only helped a little.

On writing: I worked on my 100 word pitch yesterday. I'm close. I like it, but don't love it. I have 10 more words to play with. I'll see if I come up with anything more today. I want to read my chapter out loud today and go through the Angela James "Before you hit send" editing list from her class. I'm sending out good luck wishes for everyone entering SYTYCW2013. Hoping for an inspirational and positive learning experience for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Comment awaiting moderation.